Wednesday 17 March 2010

My very first blog

A quick intro.

I refer to myself online as Solar gardener. This is because over the last 3 years I have developed a range of irrigation kits which use solar power to automatically irrigate plants with rainwater. They are called WaterWands and you can see them at www.rainwatergardening.com.

As a part of the development program I have built a research garden in which to test out ideas and equipment in a garden like setting.

The objectives of the blog are: -
  • To inform anyone who is interested what is happening in the research garden.
  • To pick as many brains as possible when I don't know what I am doing.
  • To find out about garden watering problems that don't occur in my garden.
  • To get to know you, who knows, one day you might buy one of my products (some gardeners already have!)
What will you see if you follow this blog?

The research garden includes extensive rainwater storing raised beds, kitchen garden, container (pot) gardens, greenhouse, hanging baskets, tree establishment trials and more.

I will also be developing and testing new kit - see it here first!

I will also report on interesting projects which WaterWand is involved in such as the new "One planet food project" at Occombe Farm near Paignton in Devon.

There is also WaterWand Australia and from time to time I will let you know what is happening there.

Help me please

  • To keep my blog interesting and relevant
  • Feel free to comment on style and format - this is my first attempt.
  • Ask questions and give answers.
  • Not to talk to myself - if you find this useful, interesting, or otherwise entertaining, tell your friends.
Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, There are currently no distributors in the US, but the kits are easily posted.

    ReplyDelete